update: the event raised 4000 lb of food + $5000 from the silent auction!
In conjunction with 19 gourmet food trucks and other leading food bloggers, Saturday Night Foodies will host a special food truck event Wednesday, Nov. 17, from 4:30 to 9:30 p.m., in the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater parking lot (8808 Irvine Center Drive, Irvine, CA).
This special Drive Out Hunger event will leverage OC DinDin-A-GoGo, a weekly gourmet food truck event managed by the Tropical Shave Ice Truck. For those that have experienced a DinDin-A-GoGo event, think OC DinDin on steroids! We really encourage everyone to bring folding tables, chairs and blankets.
Celebrities helping to bring awareness to the hunger crisis in Orange County will be on hand to take pictures and sign autographs for a donation of 10 non-perishable canned or dry good items, per person. There will also be a silent auction, and participants will have the opportunity to bid on Lakers and Lady Gaga tickets, vacations, and autographed art, to name just a few.
Event admission and parking are free.
Celebrities* participating in the special Drive Out Hunger OC DinDin-A-GoGo event at press time are:
- Ashley Argota (Nickelodeon’s True Jackson VP)
- Rachael Bell (Disney’s Suite Life on Deck)
- Doug Brochu (Sonny with a Chance)
- Taylor Dayne (Singer)
- John and Steven French (Disney’s Suite Life: 2 for the Road)
- Shar Jackson (Moesha, Celebrity Fit Club)
- Savannah Jayde (Big Time Rush)
- Ashley Jones (True Blood, Bold and Beautiful)
- James Kyson Lee (Heroes)
- Corey Miller (LA Ink)
- Bronson Pelletier (Twilight Saga)
- Raini Rodriguez (Paul Blart Mall Cop, Disney’s Prom)
- Rico Rodriguez (Modern Family)
- Gretchen Christine Rossi (Real Housewives of Orange County)
- BooBoo Stewart (Twilight Saga)
- Fivel Stewart (Guardians of Luna)
- Kaycee Stroh (High School Musical 1, 2 & 3)
- Jessica Sutta (Pussycat Dolls)
*Celebrities subject to change without notice. Visit http://www.saturdaynightfoodies.com for latest lineup.
The donations that are needed most
Non-perishable canned goods or dry food**:
- Canned meats, fish, soup, fruits, vegetables
- Hot and cold cereal
- Macaroni and cheese
- Peanut butter
Personal care items:
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Toilet paper
** Please no glass containers or expired items.