2011 OC Fair Brings in Gourmet Food Trucks,
Including Eating Contests, Cooking Demonstrations
& Fair Food vs. Food Truck Chowdowns
Every Thursday from Noon-10 p.m. inside the OC Fair
Costa Mesa, Calif. (June 28, 2011)
– The 2011 OC Fair (July 15-August 14) will continue to host its popular weekly Food Truck Fare, featuring gourmet food trucks, eating contests, chef demos and a Chowdown competition as part of this year’s Fair theme, “LET’S EAT!”
Every Thursday from Noon-10 p.m., Fairgoers can taste a variety of cuisines from the rotating 8 gourmet food trucks inside the Fair near the Livestock Area. Trucks will include Baconmania, Piaggio On Wheels, The OC Food Truck, Grilled Cheese Truck, Grill ‘Em All, Dos Chinos, Chunk N Chip and more. Access is free with Fair admission and food prices vary per truck.
Food Truck Fare at the 2011 OC Fair will feature (trucks subject to change):
• Thursday, July 21: Baconmania, Chunk N Chip, Dogzilla, Grilled Cheese Truck, The OC Food Truck, Piaggio On Wheels, The Burnt Truck and White Rabbit
• Thursday, July 28: Baconmania, Dos Chinos, The Greasy Wiener, Lobsta Truck, Ludo Truck, The OC Food Truck, Piaggio On Wheels and White Rabbit
• Thursday, August 4: Baconmania, Dos Chinos, The OC Food Truck, Piaggio On Wheels, SlapFish, The Burnt Truck and White Rabbit
• Thursday, August 11: Baconmania, Dogzilla, Grill ‘Em All, India Jones Chow Truck, The OC Food Truck and Piaggio On Wheels
Also on Thursdays, the Fair will host weekly cooking demonstrations and eating contests in partnership with some of the visiting gourmet food trucks. Held on the Promenade Stage:
July 21, 1 p.m. Piaggio On Wheels, Cooking Demonstration
July 21, 3 p.m. Chunk N Chip, Ice Cream Sandwich Eating Contest
July 28, 1 p.m. White Rabbit, Cooking Demonstration
July 28, 7:30 p.m. Baconmania, Bacon Eating Contest
August 4, 1 p.m. SlapFish, Cooking Demonstration
August 4, 5 p.m. The Burnt Truck, Slider Eating Contest
August 11, 1 p.m. India Jones, Cooking Demonstration
August 11, 6 p.m. Dogzilla, Hot Dog Eating Contest
In addition, Fair Food vs. Food Truck Chowdowns
will be held every Thursday, where a favorite Fair food vendor is pitted against a gourmet food truck and a panel of judges will decide who made it best. These contests will be announced closer to the event date.
The 2011 OC Fair, themed LET’S EAT!, is July 15 – August 14 and will bring 23 days of food, rides, exhibits, animals, music, action sports and fun, as well as the popular Super Pass (season pass), Pacific Amphitheatre Summer Concert Series, The Hangar and Action Sports Arena. The Fair is open Wednesday-Sunday. The OC Fair was ranked the eighth highest attended fair in the U.S. last year by Venues Today magazine.